This month, our focus is Asset #17: Creative Activities
Young person spends 3 or more hours a week learning and doing art.
Nationally, only 21% of youth report having this asset.
Category: External Assets
Subcategory: Constructive Use of Time
5 Ways to Build Creative Activities:
- Enroll your child in a music, art, or dance course in your community.
- Set a good example by taking up a creative activity of your own and practice often.
- Hand down a hobby like quilting, cake decorating, or woodworking that you enjoy. If you don’t have one maybe a friend or family member would enjoy sharing their creative outlet with your child.
- Find fun and easy ways to get creative around your home with your child. You can decorate a room, repurpose a piece of furniture, or plan and plant a flower garden.
- Look through craft ideas and pick out a few to try together each month. Pinterest is a great resource and crafts can be fun at every ability level.
SPREAD THE MESSAGE
You can help spread the asset message
in our community!
Please add the following message as an e-mail
tagline for the month.
“You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.”
~ Maya Angelou